Did you know that October is Pastor Appreciation Month? Think about all the things that your pastor and those on staff at your church do. Ministry is certainly not simply a job, but a calling, and one that normally far surpasses the “normal work week” of 40 hours. How can you be praying for your pastor this month? We have some suggestions to get you started…
- Pray for wisdom as your pastor prepares and leads each week.
- Pray for the Holy Spirit to move so that your pastor might be able to teach others exactly what God would intend to be taught for the week.
- Pray for your pastor’s family – that God would protect them from the snares of the enemy and would comfort them as they do ministry alongside your pastor.
- Pray for your pastor’s wife, that God would help her love and support her husband in his role well.
- Pray for other leaders in the church – for staff, elders, and deacons – that God would use them to support and encourage your pastor.
- Pray for your pastor’s heart, that he would walk in step with the Lord and be committed to His Word. Ask God to protect him from sin and help him walk above reproach.
- Pray for the people that your pastor comes into contact with during his day. Pray that God would give him opportunities to share the gospel and opportunities to see God work in lives.
- Pray for rest for your pastor, that God would give rest each week that refreshes him and gives him strength to do the work of ministry.
- Pray for your pastor’s mind. Pray that he would continue to be sharp in his thinking, and that he would not be “tossed to and fro by every wind of doctrine.”
- Pray for emotional strength for your pastor—that he would be able to bear the burdens of his congregation in a way that is healthy and reflective of the love of Jesus.
Looking for a great gift for your pastor to show how much you appreciate him?
Consider The Legacy of Faith Library, a collection of classics that would be perfect in your pastor’s library. Learn more at legacyoffaithlibrary.net.